Monday, March 13, 2006

Preparations - Part 4

This should he#ave been posted yonks ago - Been a bit busy....................

Christmas is over and we are racing unstoppably towards 2006 and the year of our departure. This entry is being made at work since there is no-one here and I am utterly bored with surfing the web sites showing beautiful anchorages.

Christmas this year was a little more difficult than usual since we are desperately trying to get rid of things rather than accumulate them. We still have numerous trips to the local tip and the charity shops before we start thinking about how to store the few remaining valuables and items that have some emotional attachment.

When Fliss asked what I wanted, the only thing I could think of was a pressure cooker. I have never used one before but they are apparently very good at one-pot cooking in half the time (and therefore half the gas and half the washing-up). Fliss decided that she would want some decent sun-glasses but that this should wait until after Christmas when we had the chance to find a shop and for her to choose ones she liked. She definitely did not want perfume or other trinkets nor could she find a pair of slippers that she liked and so she agreed that we did not need to buy anything for each other.

Men beware!

When a woman says this about Christmas, what she really means is “I can’t think of anything I want and so I want surprising with something astonishing and wonderful”.

She may choose to forgive me by the time we go away next year!

I had a “Bimini Man” visit Nadezhda jut over a week ago. I had assumed that he did the stainless steel work that I need on the back of the boat as well as the fabric work. Unfortunately he does not and therefore I need 2 people to do the work and to co-ordinate them. The quote came back just before Christmas and was just under £900…..maybe we can wait and get this work done when it starts getting too hot. Maybe people in Spain can do it cheaper next year……..maybe I shall do a bit of research!

No comments: